Mindfulness Stress Reduction
Mindfulness is a way of being in our lives as they are right now. Often we are not. We're anxiously anticipating the future, chronically stuck in the past or on "automatic pilot." Cultivating the ability to actually live this moment fully, whatever it holds, opens us to possibilities of relating to what is happening in ways that create less suffering for ourselves and those around us.
Research shows that some of the possibilities people discover through the practice of mindfulness include:
- Ability to respond to stress more effectively
- Decreased pain levels and better ability to cope with pain or illness that may not go away
- Ability to make choices with greater clarity and awareness
- Increased sense of well-being and appreciation for life
Mindfulness comes from meditation practice. Our mindfulness stress reduction teaches mindfulness through meditation and focuses on integrating awareness, acceptance and response into the realities of daily living. This program is for people who want to be active participants in caring for themselves and are willing to commit to the challenges of daily practices that will help them to draw on their own internal resources.
What Can It Help?
- Anxiety and panic
- Chronic pain/illness
- Inappropriate expressions of anger, chronic fearfulness
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disruption